Question Update - PPA Voria Archive

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
benrizz

Question Update - PPA Voria Archive

Post by benrizz »

Hi,

Since I added the ppa-voria-archive to install linux samsung tools 2.0, the Ubuntu upgrade manager propose me an update for the followings (from ppa voria archive) :

infra-red remote control support - client library
graphical boot animation and logger - shared libraries
graphical boot animation and logger - main package
graphical boot animation and logger - label control
graphical boot animation and logger - ubuntu-logo theme
graphical boot animation and logger - ubuntu-logo theme

But then the update manager refuse to update them. It fails saying that they are unverified (I was forced to go through synaptic to update samsung tools 2.0).

I have no clue what these softwares are about. And I don't want other updates from the ppa-voria-archive than samsung tools. But maybe they are parts of samsung tools.

What should I do? Just unclick them? I am sorry for this perfect noob question (but I am a new gnulinux user)

Thks in advance,

Ben
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Question Update - PPA Voria Archive

Post by voria »

I use that repository for testing new packages, but also for keeping other personal stuff unrelated to the "Linux On My Samsung" project.

I suggest to remove it from your software sources, because it may also contain broken packages from time to time. To do so, just delete the file '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/voria-archive-oneiric.list'.

Anyway, 'samsung-tools' from my testing repo does not have any dependency from the same repo. To get the latest testing version available, you can just go to the PPA page (https://launchpad.net/~voria/+archive/archive/+packages), download the .deb file you want and install it directly by clicking it.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
benrizz

Post by benrizz »

Done! thanks for your answer.

Just an other silly question. I've got various packages (Linux kernel image and header) installed from you PPA Voria (the main one)

Is that normal? I mean should i keep them ? or should I go back to the ubuntu ppa ?
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Yes, that's normal.
All the packages on the main repository are made available to fix problems and/or provide new functionalities for Samsung netbooks/notebooks.

You can keep the repository enabled and get updates from it. ;)
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!