blank screen when returning from suspend on NB30

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
frgenoud

blank screen when returning from suspend on NB30

Post by frgenoud »

Hi Voria,

I have a strange one for you here. I had lots of trouble from the very beginning with the backlight on my NB30. Now running ubuntu 10.04 and everything was working fine with samsung-backlight (and wireless -- also had some trouble with that previously) until the update last week. I now get a blank screen when coming back from suspend with the lid shut on battery power (and the keyboard seems inactive, not only the screen). On the other hand, if I suspend manually without shutting the lid then the computer wakes up normally. The strange thing is I don't have any problem on AC power, the computer wakes up normally anyway.

As I didn't have this problem before the last update, is it possible to recover the previous version of the backlight driver? I suspect this can be the problem. Or maybe you want to try and fix it in the next version?

Best wishes

Francois
frgenoud

Re: blank screen when returning from suspend on NB30

Post by frgenoud »

For some reason it seems to work again now. I had an update done yesterday after posting my problem, but nothing seemed directly related to the backlight, only some kernel stuff and a google chrome update as far as I remember. The behaviour of the backlight is really strange on this NB30...