No sound Ubuntu 9.04

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
paperplatebeanshaker

No sound Ubuntu 9.04

Post by paperplatebeanshaker »

Hey everyone I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 with kernel 2.6.31-13-generic I have tried updating alsa but I still get zero sound any tips or things to try? Thank you
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: No sound Ubuntu 9.04

Post by voria »

Which netbook are you using?
On my NC10, sound works good by using the alsa driver included in kernel 2.6.31, so there is no need to update it.
How did you perform the alsa drivers update?
If you did it manually, you may need to completely revert it in order to restore the default drivers.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
paperplatebeanshaker

Post by paperplatebeanshaker »

I am also on a NC10 I just re installed 9.04, added your repo and updated but still no sound at all. Any thoughts?
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Is the sound card recognized in your volume applet?
Also, make sure it's not muted?
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
denisjhon

Post by denisjhon »

hi there...

I just installed ubuntu 9.04 beta (jaunty jackolope) and it looks great!! there were updates available (of course) when I rebooted there was no sound I have been able to get my music to play I changed all my sound settings but internet sound does not work (youtube etc) any one else have this happen? any help out there?