Video Playback on the NC10 with Karmic

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
Haynes

Video Playback on the NC10 with Karmic

Post by Haynes »

First let me thank you voria. I installed your scripts on my nc10 with karmic yesterday and so far everything works :)

The only bad point that I noticed is the poor video performance compared to Windows XP under Ubuntu 9.10.
A short google search didn't bring me any good results how to improve it. :(
Maybe someone on this forum has some suggestions for me :)

But even if there really is no way to improve the video performance, my search on google gave me an interesting result we should keep a close look at....

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... &px=NzY0Mg

Assuming this works out, we might be able to enjoy quite a good video performance on our NC10s :)

regards,

Haynes
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Video Playback on the NC10 with Karmic

Post by voria »

Haynes wrote:First let me thank you voria. I installed your scripts on my nc10 with karmic yesterday and so far everything works :)
I'm glad everything works good ;)
Haynes wrote: The only bad point that I noticed is the poor video performance compared to Windows XP under Ubuntu 9.10.
A short google search didn't bring me any good results how to improve it. :(
Maybe someone on this forum has some suggestions for me :)

But even if there really is no way to improve the video performance, my search on google gave me an interesting result we should keep a close look at....

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... &px=NzY0Mg

Assuming this works out, we might be able to enjoy quite a good video performance on our NC10s :)
The intel video driver is under heavy developement from a while now, and things get (slowly) better day after day. We can only wait and hope. :)
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!