Last visit was: It is currently 31/10/2014, 10:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: R560: brightness problem + other tweaks
PostPosted: 29/09/2010, 16:52 

hey,

first of all i like to make you a huge compliment for your tools compilation, nearly everything works out of the box on my r560(madrill with 2267mhz & nvidia 9600gt).
TIP for those where the brightness control wouldnt work: i added in xorg.conf the ""Option" "Registry Dword" "..brightness..."".

Nevertheless i got 2 questions:
1st: A mistake is situated in the scale when i change the brightness of the display. Let me explain it, i lower the value 5x times, it works, the 6step the whole display turn into dark and i cant reactivated it until a restart.
In windows the display seems on the lowest value a bit darker. It would be nice when you can fix the parameters, or got a new typfile for the r560^^.

2nd: The undervolting tool, I havnt deep experience yet, but i like to keep the whole Laptop cooler, so therefore I've adapt VID's, but @800mhz - 13VID's, but i can't, is there a possibility? in best case to lower it?
Which steps are neccersarry to find optimized values? Maybe a good guide/howto? Is the lowest value, where the pc run stable, the best? The idea behind is, not to waste to much time in searching any crap articles, which i found yet. .
There is a good german one: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Prozessorspannung_absenken
There comes another question in my mind. How can I check the status of the Laptopmode? I liked also in AC to have it enabled, the feature to deactive the cddrive is very interesting (:
this come uppon, because i havnt the entry in /etc/default/acpi-support to set it true.

last point in windows exist a awesome touchpad-driver... any suggestions for ubuntu 10.04? all i found work pretty rudimentarily

best regards

Post subject: Re: R560: brightness problem + other tweaks
PostPosted: 30/09/2010, 14:39 

sry i cant find the edit button ...
update:
- laptopmode: i found a good one and ansered 1 question by myself
http://linux.die.net/man/8/laptop-mode.conf
->
Code:
/usr/sbin/laptop_mode [ cmd ] [ force ] - start, stop and status laptop mode