if you are interested in Ubuntu alpha versions (same as me
), here i provide a guide to make it working. It is a bit difficult than earlier alpha versions of Ubuntu 11.04 because, there are missing libraries(gnome panel).
This guide is for 64 bit architecture only!!! If you are runing 32 bit (x86), you must use x86 packages of python-gnomeapplet
, download links are here
, you have to replace wget in step 5!!!
1. Do a upgrade from Ubuntu 11.04 to Ubuntu 11.10 alpha 2
2. When you finish (incl. reboot), you'll find there aren't samsung tools and samsung backlight installed. Don't worry!!!
3. Through software center navigate to software sources and allow voria ppa repositories(AND CHANGE Oneiric to Natty).
4. Wait for sources update
5. Launch terminal and type:
dpkg -i python-gnomeapplet_2.32.0-1_amd64.deb
apt-get install samsung-tools samsung-backlight
6. Now check if it works and enjoy!!!Note:
Sorry for my bad english.Note2:
If wget in step 5 doesn't works, try replacing url to http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-python-desktop/python-gnomeapplet_2.32.0-1_amd64.deb
or somethink from http://packages.debian.org/en/sid/amd64/python-gnomeapplet/download
Samsung N210 (czech modificated)
Ubuntu 11.10 alpha 2 upgraded from 11.04 on 64 architecture