Last visit was: It is currently 21/10/2014, 17:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BodhiLinux on a Samsung NF110
PostPosted: 13/06/2011, 23:07 

I have a Samsung NF110 (yes, a shark) running Windows 7 Starter which is badly in need of a working Linux partition. I've installed Bodhilinux 1.1.0 since I wanted something lightweight and a little bit different than your typical Ubuntu install.

Problem is the usual batch that there seems to be with Linux on a Samsung. Wireless doesn't work and can't alter the backlight brightness (with or without function keys). I also can't seem to find a way to disable tap-to-click on the trackpad and it's really starting to tick me off.

I've already run through the instructions listed in the first post on this page (installed samsung-backlight, samsung-wireless and samsung-tools) with no luck so far.

I'm using a Broadcom 802.11n wireless card and an Elan PS/2 Smart-Pad and despite more than a few googles I can't seem to find anything that seems to work. Anyone have any advice as to how I could fix these issues?

Post subject: Re: BodhiLinux on a Samsung NF110
PostPosted: 16/06/2011, 0:32 

So it occurred to me that I was narrowing my Googling a bit too much by including the "NF110" part. Lo and behold, I cut that out and I find this page which explains exactly how to set up the wireless. Just rebooted and it's working fine now :). Still working on the other problems (I deleted this post twice thanks to that damn tap-to-click feature), but I wanted to let people know in case anyone else out there has the same problems I did.