Samsung N140 - Wifi connection randomly dropping

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
Alijools

Samsung N140 - Wifi connection randomly dropping

Post by Alijools »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Linux. For some reason, Windows 7 one day dropped all the Wifi connection (apparently a common problem) and I was never able to get it back ! Hence the switch to Linux (loving it so far). Glad as well there's a forum dedicated to Samsung :)

I'm running a Samsung N140 and the Wifi card is a Realtek 8192E. I've installed only one package samsung-wireless-2.6.31-22 (which is the kernel I'm using). It detected at first the Wifi networks, but now I'm either getting "wireless networks disconnected" or "wifi device not ready". I can sometimes (not always) get it back when I restart.. and sometimes not !

It seems that other users have had the same kind problem and I'd like to know how they got rid of it. Is there a conflict, anything else I'd need to install, etc...? I'd be glad to have some light on that issue. Thanks !
Magaly

Re: Samsung N140 - Wifi connection randomly dropping

Post by Magaly »

Alijools wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to Linux. For some reason, Windows 7 one day dropped all the wifi wep hack connection (apparently a common problem) and I was never able to get it back ! Hence the switch to Linux (loving it so far). Glad as well there's a forum dedicated to Samsung :)

I'm running a Samsung N140 and the wireless wep crack card is a Realtek 8192E. I've installed only one package samsung-wireless-2.6.31-22 (which is the kernel I'm using). It detected at first the wpa key crack, but now I'm either getting "wireless networks disconnected" or "wifi device not ready". I can sometimes (not always) get it back when I restart.. and sometimes not !

It seems that other users have had the same kind problem and I'd like to know how they got rid of it. Is there a conflict, anything else I'd need to install, etc...? I'd be glad to have some light on that issue. Thanks !
It seems that other users have had the same kind problem and I'd like to know how they got rid of it. Is there a conflict, anything else I'd need to install, etc...?