Problem with gnome-power-manager from voria repo

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
schellbach23

Problem with gnome-power-manager from voria repo

Post by schellbach23 »

Hi,

if I install the gnome-power-manger from the voria repo, Xorg uses 100% CPU if I am pulling the AC cord. With gnome-power-manger from the Ubuntu repo this problem is not there. Is there a problem with the package or do I have something misconfigured? Thanks for your help!

Daniel
voria
Administrator
Administrator

RE: Problem with gnome-power-manager from voria repo

Post by voria »

I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing your problem, but I'm pretty sure it can't be related to gnome-power-manager from my repository. The only difference in my gpm package is the removal of 2 patches which modified the way the steps are calculated when increasing/decreasing the brightness level.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
schellbach23

Post by schellbach23 »

'voRia' pid='1843' dateline='1251550619' wrote: I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing your problem, but I'm pretty sure it can't be related to gnome-power-manager from my repository. The only difference in my gpm package is the removal of 2 patches which modified the way the steps are calculated when increasing/decreasing the brightness level.
Hi, thank you for your answer.
That is strange. I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu Jaunty installed with the alternate cd with encrypted LVM. For testing I just installed KDE and after that, the error went away in Gnome. The error seems to have something to do with the OSD for the brightness and volume bar, because it only appears if I hit Fn + Fx.
Well, I can use my system now without that error, but I thought it might be useful to inform you about this ;-)

Daniel
Nixus Maximus

Post by Nixus Maximus »

Hi voRia,

first of all: thank you very much for your great repos.
Nevertheless, I would like to report the same problem as schellbach's: removing ac power leads the system to be unusable. Re-installing the original gnome-power-manager restores functionality.

Cheers,
Simon
'schellbach23' pid='1845' dateline='1251553834' wrote:
'voRia' pid='1843' dateline='1251550619' wrote: I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing your problem, but I'm pretty sure it can't be related to gnome-power-manager from my repository. The only difference in my gpm package is the removal of 2 patches which modified the way the steps are calculated when increasing/decreasing the brightness level.
Hi, thank you for your answer.
That is strange. I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu Jaunty installed with the alternate cd with encrypted LVM. For testing I just installed KDE and after that, the error went away in Gnome. The error seems to have something to do with the OSD for the brightness and volume bar, because it only appears if I hit Fn + Fx.
Well, I can use my system now without that error, but I thought it might be useful to inform you about this ;-)

Daniel
Last edited by Nixus Maximus on 08 Sep 2009, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Ok thanks for the report, i'll take a deeper look at the gpm package.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!