Administrator

Re: HOWTO: NC10 scripts

Post by voria »

New 'nc10-scripts' on the repository. Changelog:

Code: Select all

nc10-scripts (5.0~ppa4~nc10~karmic) karmic; urgency=low

* Add back the 'wmswitcher.sh' script to toggle compiz on/off,
    mapped to <Shift><Ctrl><Alt>m.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
jmg74fr
Supporter
Supporter

Post by jmg74fr »

Thank you, Voria, that's usefull for me to stop compiz before switching from single screen to external monitor (or videoprojector) !

One more question (not urgent ;) ) :
Have nc10 scripts installation modified the way the netbook goes to sleep ? (to known if the modification of sleeping mode comes from nc10scripts installation, or anything else I've modified during my initial tests)
Before, [Fn]+[esc] made nc10 going to deep sleep (correct words ??) with no HD, very low consumption and not waken by key pressed ; now, it just goes to a simple sleep, but wakes up when a key is pressed. Note that "deep sleep" is still OK with menu...
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

jmg74fr wrote:Have nc10 scripts installation modified the way the netbook goes to sleep ?
No, 'nc10-scripts' installs a script which is executed only during boot/resume/thaw process, in order to set the latest wireless/bluetooth/webcam status.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
jmg74fr
Supporter
Supporter

Post by jmg74fr »

Thank you.
In fact I had to re-install Ubuntu (forgotten that "sudo" could be dangerous ;-) ...)

After this fresh installation, sleeping mode is nice (= "deep sleeping", hard disk stopped) before or after nc10scripts added. So, as you said my previous problem has nothing to do with your wondefull scripts !
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

New 'nc10-scripts' package on repository. Changelog:

nc10-scripts (5.0~ppa6~nc10~karmic) karmic; urgency=low

* Change default map for bluetooth toggling to FN-F7.
Main post updated to reflect recent changes to the package.
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

The 'nc10-scripts' package is going to be renamed as 'samsung-scripts', and so the code branch on my Launchpad account.
At the moment the new package is available only on my experimental repository; I'll update the main post of this thread to reflect all the changes as soon as the package will land on the official repository.
Here is the changelog of the testing package:

samsung-scripts (6.0~ppa1~nc10~karmic) karmic; urgency=low

* Package 'nc10-scripts' renamed as 'samsung-scripts'.
  * Main script ('nc10') renamed as 'samsung-scripts'.
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

New scripts are on the repository now, the main post has been updated.
CaptnDifool

Post by CaptnDifool »

Hi Voria,

what happened? Shold I remove the NC10-Scripts und install "Samsung-Scripts" instead?

By the latest update the NC10-Scripts dont run, especially WiFi dont have an effect. Its always running.
jmg74fr
Supporter
Supporter

Post by jmg74fr »

On my nc10, it's OK with shortcuts.
But mind that commands became 'samsung-scripts' instead of 'nc10', eg. 'samsung-scripts status'. Hope your problem is only forgotting this modification...
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

jmg74fr is right.
Probably the old keybinding commands have been saved in your user's session, so the new global configuration is ignored.
Open the compizconfig-settings-manager (in System->Preferences, install it if it's not there), go to the 'Commands' plugin and modify the hotkeys to run the 'samsung-scripts' command in place of the old 'nc10'.
CaptnDifool

Post by CaptnDifool »

voRia wrote:jmg74fr is right.
Probably the old keybinding commands have been saved in your user's session, so the new global configuration is ignored.
Open the compizconfig-settings-manager (in System->Preferences, install it if it's not there), go to the 'Commands' plugin and modify the hotkeys to run the 'samsung-scripts' command in place of the old 'nc10'.
Ok, I had changed the "NC10-Scripts" to "Samsung-Scripts" (installed only the last one) then I had deleted the entries in the xfce-shortcut settings, which belong to the scripts. My WM is xfce, may be that a problem? In earlier versions that was not.

Now I have to edit this commandlines in the "command-plugin" row by row?

The "Fn-Key" will not response in the Compiz config :-|

Sorry, that I am fail to understand, what I have to do exactly. :-[
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

CaptnDifool wrote: My WM is xfce, may be that a problem? In earlier versions that was not.
If the scripts used to work before, I don't see why they should not work now.
CaptnDifool wrote: Now I have to edit this commandlines in the "command-plugin" row by row?
The "Fn-Key" will not response in the Compiz config :-|
The package automatically creates keybindings for gnome and kde, I've never used xfce so I don't know how its keybindings system work.
How did you create them for xfce with the old nc10-scripts? You probably have to redo them.
CaptnDifool

Post by CaptnDifool »

Now I got it. I have gdm but use very rare gnome, my default wm ist xfce. Ihave reedited the keybindings in the xfce keyboard settings - ist works well :)

The backlight I had fixed to manual setting, auto backlight switched in battery mode particulary to max brightness instead lower values without my doing.

Sorry for my misunderstandings. Many thanks for your good work and kindful support. :)

A further question:
Is Gnome needed for FN-Key function? My Samsung E252 (notebook) don't response to the FN-Key :-|
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

CaptnDifool wrote:Many thanks for your good work and kindful support. :)
You're welcome. ;)
CaptnDifool wrote: Is Gnome needed for FN-Key function? My Samsung E252 (notebook) don't response to the FN-Key :-|
No, more probable is that the FN keys are not enabled by udev, so they cannot be used.
Looking at '/lib/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules', the E252 is not in the list of the supported models.
jmg74fr
Supporter
Supporter

Post by jmg74fr »

A proposition : to avoid these problems, for non-KDE-or-Gnome users, is it possible to add an alias, to keep 'nc10' available, and automaticaly installed wtih samsung-scripts from repository ?
(something like 'ln -s samsung-scripts nc10' but you're far better than me to find correct syntax :-p ?)