Anyone of you know how to use external and internal monitor at the same time without problems?
- menu bars are ALWAYS on nc10 screen (it looks like internal LCD is always treated as primary and i don't know how to change that
- in configuration "external above internal" Places menu disappears - my "Places" menu is quite big and normally (without external monitor) it shows up as scrolled-menu. When external monitor is connected it looks like menu wants to show up in up direction, but nothing shows up on my external monitor
- gdm is using resolution common for both monitors (800x600 in my case) - is there any chance to run gdm on only one monitor (even if external one is connected)? Gdm in 800x600 looks very bad
- generally I'm working on external monitor (menu bars, icons and other desktop stuff should be there) but internal lcd should be still active as "secondary" monitor (place for Rythmbox ;-) )
- gdm shows up only on one monitor, or on both but with better resolution
Anyone knows how to achieve that?
[NC10, Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04, external monitor: HP w2408h]