Graphics -render error- samsung N210

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
hitvishnu

Graphics -render error- samsung N210

Post by hitvishnu »

hi,
Am using ubuntu netbook remix 10.04 in my samsung N210. After installing your repositories and updating, all the functions including the function keys are working perfectly well. However at times am encountering certain errors. At times my screen goes blank and a new screen appears having messages such as rendering error, graphics error etc...after which a box appears saying i am running in low graphics mode...consequently gets the message that my graphics, display cannot be configured etc...and am provided with options such as to run this session only in low graphics mode, reconfigure the graphics, re login, restart etc...and worse is the fact that am not able to reconfigure the graphics..only way ou is to restart the machine...help
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Graphics -render error- samsung N210

Post by voria »

This is the first time I hear of such a problem.
Anyway, the packages on my repository don't touch in any way the video drivers and/or xserver configuration, so I don't really know what is causing the problem.

Your installation is a fresh one, or did you upgraded from karmic?
Also, when the problem happens, check if there is anything relevant in your 'dmesg' output or in the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log' that can help us to find the real cause of the problem.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
hitvishnu

Post by hitvishnu »

hi,

This is the window which appears after the screen goes blank

Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode

Your screen, graphics card and input device setting could not be detected correctly. You will need to configure these yourself

OK

After clicking OK, the following window appears:

Run in low graphics for just one session
Reconfigure graphics
Troubleshoot the error
Exit to console login
Restart X

clicking none of the above options is solving the problem. I am losing the data as ultimately the laptop need to be restarted
AndyS

Post by AndyS »

I'm encountering a similar situation. This is a UK-purchased N210, with 1G RAM.

I have a clean install of Lucid UNR, then update/upgrade the system (WiFi then works), added samsung-tools, samsung-backlight and changed the udev rule to add N210. Then removed all the Windows stickers from the case.

Everything seems to work fine - thanks for all the work to get this going.

Details:
http://seaborne.blogspot.com/2010/07/ub ... -n210.html

The machine had been both hibernated and suspended. After the suspend (several minutes later) when running just a terminal, which was installing software with "alien" so text was scrolling on the screen, I get a blank screen then:
Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode
If I press OK, then choose "Run in low graphics for just one session" it seems to run fine. The only difference is that the main menu has a smaller font. I grabbed the Xlog.0.log (attached) which ends:
Fatal server error:
Failed to submit batchbuffer: Input/output error
Are there ant suggestions of things to try? Or if further information woudl help, please let me know.

Andy
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

After some searching for the error message you posted on google, it seems the problem it's caused by the video driver. I suggest you to file a new bug report on launchpad.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
valentas

Post by valentas »

I am having exactly the same problem. The configuration is the same as AndyS. I have never used your site for drivers so this might be a lower level bug.