Samsung n150 + Ubuntu overheating 10.04

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
Luwa_CZ

Samsung n150 + Ubuntu overheating 10.04

Post by Luwa_CZ »

Beaver day, I bought the N150 I installed Ubuntu on it everything I rode mainly due to Samsung tools.Ale I have a problem with overheating of the netbook is still my temperature as 60 stupňů.Nevíte someone how to do it?
Thanks, still sorry for my English.
Luwa_CZ

Re: Samsung n150 + Ubuntu overheating 10.04

Post by Luwa_CZ »

Luwa_CZ wrote:Beaver day, I bought the N150 I installed Ubuntu on it everything I rode mainly due to Samsung tools.Ale I have a problem with overheating of the netbook is still my temperature as 60 stupňů.Nevíte someone how to do it?
Thanks, still sorry for my English.
The problem is already solved, the error was in your graphics card
badziewmax

Post by badziewmax »

Same problem here! How to deal with it?
Luwa_CZ

Post by Luwa_CZ »

badziewmax wrote:Same problem here! How to deal with it?
The problem was that, I've found the installation to install ubuntu nvidia ovladac.Tak I uninstalled it and the temperature is decreased.
jmlaniel

Post by jmlaniel »

Luwa_CZ wrote:The problem was that, I've found the installation to install ubuntu nvidia ovladac.Tak I uninstalled it and the temperature is decreased.
What is an "ovladac.Tak"?!? I tried to find any package associated with nvidia installed on my N150 and found nothing but the "nvidia-common", "nvidia-173-modaliases" and "nvidia-96-modaliases" and I think that they are not used...

Can you provide more information on your solution?

Thanks!
justanotherguy

Post by justanotherguy »

Well, you can deal with it in multiple ways. You can use notebook cooling pad or try to undervolt the CPU. There is some hardcore modding available, but it will result in losing your warranty.

If I were you, I'd start from undervolting. You can also downclock your CPU, but it's poor perfomance will be reduced even further. Guess you can instal CPU Monitor and try to change CPU perfomance profile to 'On demand'.

Oh, and there's the magical Fn+F8 combination available.
Boboms

Post by Boboms »

Luwa_CZ wrote:
The problem was that, I've found the installation to install ubuntu nvidia ovladac.Tak I uninstalled it and the temperature is decreased.
Ovladač - is it "Device Driver" as here?
Luwa_CZ

Post by Luwa_CZ »

Boboms wrote:
Luwa_CZ wrote:
Ovladač - is it "Device Driver" as here?
Yes driver = nvidia driver here driver.uninstaloval nvidia-common or so-nak bylo.Teplota it decreased to about 12 celsiu.Připlném cpu temperature reduction is more apparent.
PSjak someone wrote a cooling pad is cool enough, but it eats battery.
aman

Post by aman »

temperature of my n150jp0gin is always between 55 and 67 and sometimes its 73 degrees too. I don't know whats wrong . Is this temperature normal? on pressing fn-f8 it shows fan is at normal but temperature always high. Can anybody help.,