Last visit was: It is currently 01/08/2014, 6:45


All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 04/07/2010, 22:57 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 04/07/2010, 22:26
Posts: 14
Location: Hungary
Hi Guys,

The brightness controll not works on R528/530. There are a nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M] (rev a2)

What can I do?

Thanks for help!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 09/07/2010, 7:58 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 04/07/2010, 22:26
Posts: 14
Location: Hungary
You must write the Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1" row in the xorg.conf.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 06/08/2010, 5:52 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 06/08/2010, 5:46
Posts: 6
madboy74 wrote:
Hi Guys,

The brightness controll not works on R528/530. There are a nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M] (rev a2)

What can I do?

Thanks for help!


add "acpi_backlight=vendor" argument in grub, and it will work :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 12/10/2010, 13:42 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 12/10/2010, 13:14
Posts: 3
hello
i have samsung R530 i am absulutly beginner
how i will change those setting the only problem i have is the brightness
i have ubuntu 10.10
please help
sorry for my but english


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 13/10/2010, 13:43 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 04/07/2010, 22:26
Posts: 14
Location: Hungary
renesis wrote:
hello
i have samsung R530 i am absulutly beginner
how i will change those setting the only problem i have is the brightness
i have ubuntu 10.10
please help
sorry for my but english


Hello!

You must install the closed source nVidia driver. (I don't know the english name, because I use my Ubuntu in Hungarian language)
You must restart your computer. Login, and sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Xou mudt insert a row, under the Option "NoLogo"

Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"

On the R530, you can install these packages:

easy-slow-down-manager
nvidia-bl-dkms
samsung-backlight
samsung-tools
and you must update all files (kernel)

If you finish, you must restart your computer.
If you OK, the brightness will OK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 14/10/2010, 9:38 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 12/10/2010, 13:14
Posts: 3
is working thank you very much but i had problem installing samsung tools and samsung backlight
if any body can have a look


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 14/10/2010, 11:56 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 04/07/2010, 22:26
Posts: 14
Location: Hungary
Maybe it's helps for you:

Open a terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:voria/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install samsung-tools samsung-backlight

Reboot

renesis wrote:
is working thank you very much but i had problem installing samsung tools and samsung backlight
if any body can have a look


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 14/10/2010, 12:39 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 12/10/2010, 13:14
Posts: 3
i did that is say to me the package is broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brightness on R528 (R530)
PostPosted: 14/10/2010, 17:33 
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 04/07/2010, 22:26
Posts: 14
Location: Hungary
I don't have idea.

renesis wrote:
i did that is say to me the package is broken


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki