Problems with the installed FN keys

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
Wuxiren

Problems with the installed FN keys

Post by Wuxiren »

Hi All,

I have a Samsung N148 and i installed Ubuntu 10.04. I wanted to use FN Keys, especially the keys for the backlight. FN-Key for Sound, Mute and Stand by already worked from the first days. After read some threads in that forum i installed the samsung tools, samsung backlight and samsung wifi. And just i changed the grub.

Wifi key worked, so far
But
There is still the same problem. If i use the backlight key, wifi buttun, backlight up/down buttons, after some seconds the harddisk works a little, works a little more and than only. The hard disk works so busy that i can do nothing, cursor is not moving, every way to do something is blocked by the working hard disk. On a really unlucky day the hard disk is running 4 hours full speed.
Before that i had another adventure. I used the Backlight key (FN+F5) and my screen looks like a disco light, switch on switch off the backlight, switch on switch off, switch on switch off. That funny behavior was only stoppable by a brutal shut down after 10 minutes.

Please help me, i sit on that new cute netbook for 2 weeks only to adjust basic functions, that's rediculous.
Wuxiren

Re: Problems with the installed FN keys

Post by Wuxiren »

Oh and i forget something. After the hard disk is ready(after one to four hours) I cant use any key! The panel isnt reacting. All ways to control the computer are away. I hate that....
yahoodlums

Post by yahoodlums »

Sounds like a case of demonic possession!
Wuxiren

Post by Wuxiren »

A new record...
Last night i touch the FN+backlight down, the backlight went down, but not only one step, it went down till the end, even i already left the button. After that the harddisk was busy until the next morning. 9 hours completly busy.
What do i wrong, i installed all updates, upgrades, all samsung tools, but still that problem.
I only want to control my computer and enjoy my new netbook.
I am annoyed, by ubuntu, linux and that god damn code writing and waiting, hope that now the computer does what i want.