Last visit was: It is currently 21/08/2014, 9:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ubuntu on Samsung Series 7 chronos 70075C
PostPosted: 13/04/2013, 0:22 

Hi

I'm very happy to find this forum and hope to get guidance in order to take full advantage on my laptop.

I have been reading some articles, which led me to this forum ultimately and because I'm a beginner as I haven't worked much on ubuntu, I'd appreciate if someone can help me.

First of all:

I have been trying to make the function keys work on my model with no success.

Following the guides, I installed the repository, installed and updated samsung-tools and samsung-backlight.
However when I try to install samsung-laptop and the nvidia-bl-dkms package, it says unable to locate them.

The function keys that aren't working currently are: backlight, fan,wireless(it stays always on) and f1-setting(I think this doesn't work either).

Any advice on how I can solve this?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Ubuntu on Samsung Series 7 chronos 70075C
PostPosted: 09/06/2013, 4:12 

I have a similar issue on Samsung NP700Z5B-S01UB. Everything was working beautifully on Ubuntu 12.10, then I had the misfortune of upgrading to 13.04. Upgrading to 13.04 broke my graphics card configuration, which it took me some time to get working properly. After reinstalling 12.10 I found that Fn-* keys no longer worked after installing samsung-tools. The only combination that works is the "kill touchpad" combo Fn-F5. I noticed that another user mentioned similar function key issues after updating the kernel to 3.5.0-32 but he also wrote later that the problem went away after a reboot. So no good leads...

Post subject: Re: Ubuntu on Samsung Series 7 chronos 70075C
PostPosted: 12/06/2013, 0:22 

Are either of you using uefi? If so, the samsung laptop kernel module may not be loading as I believe it is blacklisted at the moment.