Last visit was: It is currently 31/10/2014, 8:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Samsung Tools not working with Ativ Book 7 / Xubuntu 13.10
PostPosted: 25/11/2013, 15:38 

Hi there,

I recently bought a new Samsung Ativ Book 7 (730U3E X04). The Xubuntu 13.10 installation in UEFI mode went well without any problems and 98% of the hardware and fn-keys is working.

After the samsung-tools arrived in the saucy repository I was able to install them via voria's ppa.

I expected that this would solve my issue of non-functional Fn-Keys for keyboard-backlight up/down, Wireless off/on and FanControl/Speedmode.

But I'm not able to configure anything. On the bottom of the configuration window where I can see "Used Module: Samsung-Laptop" on many screenshots, I have "Used Module: -".

It seems as the samsung-laptop module is not being loaded. May be due to the UEFI Brick?

Is there a way to get samsung-tools working or to install samsung-laptop manually. Is it "brick-safe" now or should I just wait a little?

Thanks for any hints.

Regards
Peter

Post subject: Re: Samsung Tools not working with Ativ Book 7 / Xubuntu 13.
PostPosted: 03/12/2013, 15:45 

Just an idea. May all the tipps in the web not be working due to my UEFI installation? If I installed in BIOS (CSM mode), would then samsung-laptop module be available for working hotkeys?

2nd: Does anybody know a good webaddress to follow, where I can get first hand information on samsung-laptop module? I'd like to know when it will be reactivated even when an UEFI installation is detected.

Thanks!
Peter

PostPosted: 05/12/2013, 0:17 

Hi,

I can confirm the samsung-laptop and UEFI installation thing.
First hand information would be with the kernel commits, if you feel like digging a little.

PostPosted: 05/12/2013, 7:27 

Due to my stupidity I reinstalled xubuntu again. This time in BIOS mode. Now samsung-tools are loaded. Other workarounds should have a chance to work too, ad I have the missing samsung dirs and files ;D